Senior Snapshot: Stella Mumgaard

One of Mumgaard’s senior pictures.

With the start of a new school year comes a new senior class. Graduation will come sooner than most think and the realization that it’s almost the end of their high school years is setting in with the senior class. This school year, we’ll take a look at different seniors, taking a snapshot of their life and sharing their story with all.

Senior Stella Mumgaard has been at Brownell Talbot since first grade. She shared that BT’s size is one of the school’s most valuable assets: “BT is a very inclusive community. Due to the size, it’s easy to create connections between teachers and students. Since I’ve been attending BT for so long, I’ve had the chance to grow alongside my classmates and grow my relationships with them.”

Mumgaard at the Homecoming football game with Emaan Khan and Rayaan Sattar.

When asked what her favorite class of high school has been, Stella replied, “One of my favorite classes has been AP English Language and Composition. This was my first AP, and although it was challenging I felt like I was learning something everyday. My writing improved tremendously, and I also enjoyed many of the projects I was working on.”

In the spring, Stella enjoys being a part of the girl’s tennis team and has made many memories through tennis. She shared, “I have played tennis since I was little, so when I joined high school I couldn’t wait to start playing with a team. Participating in tennis has brought me so much joy and helped me connect with people both on campus and off.” Along with tennis, Stella shared, “This year there has been talking about doing a writing lab which I would be happy to help with. When I was a freshman, I remember getting the opportunity to work with seniors on a paper I was writing and that helped me tremendously. Hopefully, I will be able to help freshmen in the same way I was helped.”

Mumgaard with her sister Ava Mumgaard ’20 in Solvang, California.

Senior year may start out stressful, but as the year goes on the fun festivities begin. When asked what senior traditions Stella is looking forward to, she said, “Senior sunrise and senior sunset! We already did senior sunrise, but I am looking forward to the senior sunset and the overnight sleepover.” All in all, she shared that senior year is a bittersweet feeling and said, “I’m very grateful for everything BT has given me, but I am also very excited to begin the next chapter of my life.”

To end, Stella shared some important advice for high schoolers: “Enjoy the present moment. When I was a freshman I was always looking forward to the next big thing, but I wish I would have really soaked it all up. You’re only in high school once, so try to enjoy it!”