Senior Snapshot: Emma Gould

Graduation is fast approaching, and the realization that it’s almost the end of their high school years is setting in with the senior class. For this last semester of high school for the class of 2023, we’ll take a look at different seniors, taking a snapshot of their life and sharing their story with all.

Senior Emma Gould has been at Brownell Talbot for fifteen years. She shared what she loves most about BT: “I love the community at BT and the leadership opportunities available for students!”

Emma takes part in a variety of activities on campus. She is in theater and played Mal in the Descendants that was performed for the fall musical. She said, “One of my favorite memories of theater was the fall musical. Choreographing was such a blast and everyone was so supportive. I had an amazing time working with so many fun and talented people and it was just such a unique experience!” Emma also participates in cheerleading, and she shared another memorable moment: “Watching Barbie movies on the way to State Cheer last year was one of my favorite memories from cheerleading, as well as getting first place in 2021!” Along with theater and cheer, Emma participates in tennis, choir, Pirate Radio, the App Team, and the Raider Review.

When asked what her favorite class of high school has been, Emma said, “One of my favorite classes has been Digital Media. At first, I thought it would just be a nice GPA boost, but then I learned that I loved films and filmmaking, and that I could actually pursue a career! I worked with Mr. Lanum 1-on-1 for a semester my junior year and learned all about the filmmaking process and then started the Raider Review the following semester.”

Along with being a senior comes fun BT traditions, and two that Emma is looking forward to are Senior Sunset and Senior Prank Day. She said, “It’s something that I’ve seen every year since I was a preschooler, and I can’t wait to finally participate!”

When asked what advice she would give to incoming freshmen, Emma replied, “Enjoy the ride. High school might seem like an eternity, but it will fly by before you know it. If you’re considering joining a club or activity, do it! Even if you aren’t great at first, you’ll make friends and have fun no matter what! Also, get your PE credits out of the way before junior year. You’re really gonna want those frees once you start taking AP classes.”

For Emma, being a senior and almost graduating is a bittersweet feeling. She shared, “I am going to miss my family and friends a lot, but I am very excited for what the future holds (and to get out of the Midwest, respectfully)!”