Categories:

Revered Raiders: Jordan Proby

Reconnecting with BT alumn Jordan Proby and his continued influence on campus today.
Revered Raiders: Jordan Proby

It’s the beginning of the school year and 2015 Brownell Talbot graduate Jordan Proby is preparing for multitasking with his full time job, while coaching track and robotics. He’s the perfect person for the first addition of Revered Raiders, exploring what he’s been up to and how BT has impacted him.

What is your current occupation?
“I am currently working at National Indemnity as a Software Engineer and Tech Lead. I’m in charge of making sure their third highest grossing insurance application doesn’t break. Part time I also help coach Middle School Robotics and Track.”

Proby (top left) with Brownell’s 2024 Middle School Track team. (2024)

How did attending BT help you get there?
“BT allowed me to try a bunch of things without fear of failure or scorn. With the small classes, I was able to try anything that interested me such as Robotics and Choir. I got my first taste of programming through robotics and I enjoyed choir so much I ended up getting a Music minor! It also allowed me to find my passions for teaching and coaching through tutoring the lower school and helping with summer camps. Even the activities and classes I didn’t enjoy as much such as football and speech, I still feel like I learned valuable lessons from them now.”

Team 1028C at the North High School Robotics meet. (2012)

What are some plans you have for the future?
“Well first off is to get married next year, that’s probably the most important! After that, I’ll try and visit some places around the world that I’ve wanted to go to like France, Japan, and Greece. Career-wise, I’m pretty happy with where I am so I’m gonna focus on some of my hobbies. I’m hoping to learn how to play guitar and create my own board game during 2025! Oh yeah, and I plan to continue coaching here at BT!”

Why do you give back to BT?
“I consider BT to be a very big part of my life. It is where I found some of my closest friends and had some of my favorite memories. It’s a community that I’ve enjoyed being a part of and I’m always happy to see how the campus has changed and visit my old teachers. I’ve enjoyed the little bit of coaching I’ve done in the past before coming to BT, so to get the chance to be Head Coach for Middle School Track here and hopefully create some great memories now for the kids here is a wonderful opportunity that I’m glad to have.”

Proby with his teammate and friend, Robert Goetschkes. (2015)

Along with these insightful answers, the BT alumni also provided some great advice for current students.

“Try as many different electives as you can! It doesn’t matter if it’s at BT or in college, just try things outside your comfort zone.” Proby said, “You never know what might end up creating a passion in you. Also, you have probably heard this before, but still, take it easy. I know it feels like everything becomes super important in high school, especially preparing for college. But you have to give yourself space to breathe. You don’t need to do everything perfectly. You’ve got plenty of time ahead of you to figure stuff out, so enjoy it.”

Thanks to amazing graduates such as Jordan Proby, we’re able to have such as special community. Along with providing support to current students, they inspire us as well, pushing us to try new things.

Attached below is Proby’s contact information; he’s more than happy to connect with more students!

Email: [email protected]
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/jordan.proby/