A voice for students at Brownell Talbot School

Verbatim

Verbatim

Verbatim

Senior Snapshot: Lia Li

Senior Lia Li’s thoughts on ending senior year and beginning a new chapter.

As the end of March nears, that leaves only two months left of the school year. Graduation is quickly approaching for the class of 2024 and so are the exciting ending traditions of their high school years. College decisions are rolling in which bring a rollercoaster of emotions, but along with the stress is the excitement of figuring out where one is spending their next few years. For Verbatim, we’ll take a look at a few different seniors for the rest of the year, taking a snapshot of their life and sharing their story with all.

Senior Lia Li has been at Brownell Talbot for ten years and shared, “I love how I have the ability to pursue any of my interests at BT.” Both on and off campus, Lia participates in a variety of extracurricular activities, including club and high school soccer, basketball, volleyball, Academic Decathlon, swimming, National Art Honors Society, cheer, Science Olympiad. Lia shared some of her favorite memories from these activities: “I loved car rides to soccer practice when I blasted music with Clarisa and Abbi, and I also loved photo shoots with the swim team.”

When asked what her favorite class of high school has been, Lia said, “Probably either physics or Acadec. I have found that I really enjoy physics and Mrs. Harms makes it easy to understand. I enjoy being in any class with Mr. Smith because you learn a lot from him and about yourself as well.” Out of all the grades, Lia shared her favorite: “I’d say senior year has been my favorite because I’ve tried new things and have created lasting friendships throughout high school so now I’m able to enjoy it.” Along with the end of the school year comes the fun senior traditions, and Lia is most looking forward to senior prank.

Lia shared, “The college application process was a little stressful but it was relieving once it was over.” Next year, Lia will play soccer in Rome: “I’m looking forward to Rome but also a little anxious. I plan on playing soccer there and I’m still waiting on some college decisions, but after I hear from those schools, I’ll pick one to attend after my gap year is over.”

For Lia, the end of high school marks an exciting time: “I’m excited for the next chapter of my life and feel prepared for the end of high school.” To end, Lia shared some important advice for underclassmen: “Believe in yourself and do not lose confidence because you can truly pursue anything you put your mind to.”