A voice for students at Brownell Talbot School

Verbatim

Verbatim

Verbatim

March Letter from the Editors

A look into what the month of March brings for Verbatim.

As the grass gets greener and the flowers start to bloom, the excitement of summer begins to overflow students. There’s just a few more weeks of the school year left, but these can tend to be the most stressful and draining months with finals and AP exams looming. Nonetheless, it’s important to live in the present moment and cherish the final moments of the school year before summer break begins.

Brownell Talbot students traveled to a variety of places over Spring break, calling for different cultural experiences which are recapped in the Spring break hotspots article. Over Spring break, state robotics happened at Omaha North high school, and the publication includes a recap of the terrific results from the competition. With more time on their hands, students were able to watch new movie releases in theaters, including Dune: Part Two and Bob Marley: One Love, both of which are reviewed in the March publication.

Apart from Spring break festivities, there’s a unique collection of visual art of Verbatim students drawn by sophomore TG Su. Continuing the autobiography series, this month there’s on on the Janes, two women who helped women get abortions from 1969 to 1973. For the month of March, the Angelic Analysis Podcast and Raider Rush podcast combined together to bring a clash of sophomores to discuss the BT robotics team’s ins and outs along with what robotic meets entail.

Our feature story this month is on the Pollinator’s Bill. A group of Verbatim students talked to two professionals, Dr. Theodore Burke and Mrs. Jennifer Hopkins. They learned much about pollinator legislation in Nebraska and put the knowledge together to write an interesting article to explore more about the Pollinator’s Bill.

Finally, as we hold on tight to our beloved seniors for the final weeks of school, we have more senior wisdom shared by Clare Schinzel, Sidra Miller, Calvin Snyder, and Frida Silva. This publication, they gave insight on college visits, such as what you should look for when visiting a campus, suggestions on what to ask, and why it’s important to visit different places. As for this month’s senior snapshot, we will be covering Lia Li as she is close to embarking onto her next chapter in Rome, Italy.

We hope you enjoy this month’s publication! Our dedicated staff and team have worked diligently to publish great stories and podcasts for everyone to enjoy. As we approach the end of this school year, let this publication be a reminder to live in the present moment, to appreciate our growth, and celebrate these next few months left of school. Thank you and we look forward to another great and exciting issue.